Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tokyo Food Crisis Hits Peak

The Tokyo Food Crisis has really hit the ceiling! The mass media are panicking! Is it the world destruction? Tokyo Trends has a more in-depth report. Here I give a bear-bones description.
AFRIKA BAMBAATA - WORLD DESTRUCTION
The scare mongering is getting really ridiculous. Get this fact into your heads: The people living in Miyagi prefecture who have suffered and lost their homes (near the earthquake epicenter and nuclear meltdown), who have suffered from the earthquake and subsequent tsunami, have a much higher danger of dying from a lack of water or shelter than nuclear exposure. 


Their biggest risk is dying from exposure.


This is the SHTF. Our problems are a joke compared to this.


I'm starting to get really pissed off at people, especially English speaking foreigners, who are causing the panic. Think about it; if you stand up in a crowded movie theater and yell, "Fire!" when there is no fire,  and cause a panic, then you deserve to get your ass kicked - or arrested and thrown in jail. I do not complain about people who have run away because they have children (unless they are dishonest like Coca-Cola Japan upper-executives). Being extra cautious about your children is just good plain common sense.


I only complain here about those who have sown the seeds of fear by sending out emails and spreading unsubstantiated rumors. It also surprises me greatly that I get information forwarded to me that is from Fox News and CNN as if it is gospel truth. Is it? Really? And where are Saddam's nooklar weapons?


Run away, fine, but don't cause a panic by shouting out to the world that the sky is falling and we're all going to die. Make no mistake about it, I have great respect for those intelligent people who took their children's safety concerns first - and quietly slipped out showing respect and not fanning the flames of panic.


Those screaming "Fire!" as they run for the exits need to be slapped up side the head.


You guys can complain all you want about me. I don't care. You didn't gather all the facts before you jumped. No problem. No one complains about you protecting your children and loved ones; but when you sow unsubstantiated rumors and panic, that's when you step across the line.


I am criticizing you directly in this post. Friend or not, discussion is the basis for respect, you should be adult enough to receive my criticism as I do yours.


The chances of dying from radiation in Japan are low even for the folks in Miyagi prefecture. At this time, they have a much higher chance of dying from exposure to the elements. I strongly criticized Drama Queens who are living in Tokyo for this and stand by my remarks. Those people who escaped are fine. Those who spread wild rumors are as*holes who have arguably criminal intent, or possibly criminal negligence, on their plates.


Disaster? Now, this is a disaster. In Tokyo, we have no disaster 


I have shot down innuendo and rumor with my blog post earlier today. Maybe I am wrong. You can prove it to me. Maybe I will die from radiation poisoning. I doubt it. 


Nevertheless, I am reporting facts. Not innuendo.


How many others can claim the same? 40 CEO's in Japan are a far cry from a reputable source as to nuclear problems in Japan. What the hell does the CEO of a potato chip company know about nuclear reactors? What kind of responsibility do you show when you freak people out with your "Japan Syndrome" nonsense? You 40 CEO's (you know who you are) do not deserve to be working with the proud Japanese people who are here living their daily lives and trying to do the best they can with the tools they have. 


Life deals you a hand of cards. You do the best you can with that hand. You guys who ran away are fine. Those who ran away and tried to justified their escape by convincing others to do the same can, as they say, "Kiss my ass." 


Throwing the cards in the air without thinking might be bullshit and I will put you up for it; unless, of course, you do your business quietly and do not scare-monger. The problem is for most foreigners is that they scare monger when they haven't a clue as to what they are talking about. I have given the facts here. Argue with me in an atmosphere of mutual respect and concern if you can.


It is becoming increasingly obvious, like Swine Flu, SARS, and Bird Flu, that this has been totally blown out of proportion. As a professional with 30 years experience in mass media scare mongering, I know my stuff. If you want to argue with me, then you'd better know yours too.


Pardon my French, but bullshit is just that: Bullshit. 


Anyway, today was Wednesday, March 16, 2011. It is now 7:48 pm, five days after the big earthquake. There are food and water shortages reported in Tokyo. Even I reported them a few days ago. But today? Today I went to Maruetsu grocery store. It is a huge chain-store in Japan. It closes at 9 pm. Let's see how their stock is holding up near closing time.


Maruetsu grocery store


Indeed the food shortage is critical in Tokyo. Just look at the photos and you'll see.


Incredible shortages, eh? Just like some third world country! Hell, I've seen worse shortages in American protectorates such as Guam and Saipan... Hawaii is often not much better!


Within a few days, Tokyo, Japan will even have the basic necessities like milk, eggs, and.... beer.  All hail and bow down before the glory of the free market! I just went to the grocery store. It is a Maruetsu store. Maruetsu is a famous chain store in Japan. I went there at 7:18 pm of Wednesday, March 16th, 2011. These are shots of the store. From this I invite you to judge for yourself the food crisis we are facing in Tokyo. I think you will be surprised:

Plenty of alcohol

BIG PROBLEM! No beer! 
(Those are alcohol-free beers sitting there.)

Plenty of drinks but no milk

Frozen food? Yep. Got that.

Obviously a critical shortage of meats and beef products.

OK, well... No bread, but most Japanese eat rice anyway.

Need seafood? We got seafood.

No bottled water but we got everything else that's bottled.

Plenty of vegetables

Wide shot of fruit and veggie stand to prove to you that I am 
not "spinning" the situation. There's plenty of food. 

Scare monger all you want... But a picture tells a thousand words. If you are not here on the ground, in Tokyo, then don't comment about it. There's enough ridiculous BS going around without people - who know nothing of the details of the problem - spreading rumors and scaring folks here.

Those of you who have been spreading rumors should really think deeply about what you have been doing. There are women and children here who are scared... Why? Because people like you have struck fear in their hearts. You should be ashamed of yourselves... Scaring innocent people like this...

What basis do you have for these actions? What sort of expert are you to spread rumors about nuclear accidents?

What is the difference between you and a person who yells, "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.