Friday, August 27, 2010

Best Place to Buy Fresh Vegetables and Fruit in Tokyo!

By Mike in Tokyo Rogers

I've found another fantastic place that I just must introduce. It is a fresh produce and fish shop near Okachimachi station in western Tokyo. The shop is called, "Sakana no Yakata." It is a chain store run by a company called Yoshiike.

Sakana no Yakata - Go out South exit of Okachimachi station. Turn left. 5 seconds walk.

Folks, I went to that store for the first time ever and I was totally floored by how fresh the produce was and how incredibly cheap the prices were. It is the closet thing to a real Farmer's Market that I have ever seen in Japan.


The shop was packed with people on a weekday. They had tons of items on sale. Some items, like strawberries, I haven't seen on sale in quite a while.


Other items, like fresh bananas with five bananas in a pack sold for ¥30 yen (35 cents) a pack! My local store, which is dirt cheap (or so I thought) sells them for almost three times that price!

Look for the huge cod

Go out Okachimachi South Exit #1 and look to the left. You'll see "Sakana no Yakata" (魚の館)on the corner. Here is a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.